In this video I show you how to easily start a fire using a firesteel. I posted a video a few days ago on how to make a simple but very effective firestarter out of cotton balls and petroleum jelly, and that is what I use here.
The firesteel I use in the vid is from a company called GobSpark. I love it! I’ll drop a link below if your interested in having your own.
Check it out:
How to make the tinder –> Cotton Ball and Petroleum Jelly Fire Starter
Gobspark Firesteel details:
1. A BIGGER FireSteel than comparable products – it is much thicker and it is longer. 3/8ths inch in diameter by 3-inches long
2. The firesteel is a genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel with a special formula that gives far greater sparks than any others you may have used.
3. A BETTER innoviative handle for easy use with or without gloved hands.
4. FireSteel.com super scraper made of extrememly hard high carbon steel – optimized to produce the biggest sparks on your FireSteel.
5. A lanyard made from 26-inches of 7-strand parachute cord.
Get your own –> GobSpark Firesteel
Drop me a note if you have any questions.
It may seem at times like you have ‘done it all’ but there are many new crafts and lost skills out there for all of us! This is my mission!
Subscribe to get updates! They happen several times a week!
Live and Learn, Learn and Thrive!